Cartilage Regeneration and Autologous Transplant: Regenerating Your Knee
Fact Sheet: Autologous Cartilage Replacement Knee (ACT)
- Inpatient treatment: 3 days
- Outpatient treatment: 2 weeks, then 6 weeks outpatient rehabilitation
- Time before weight bearing: 6 weeks, followed by 6 weeks of gradually increased weight bearing (10 kg per week)
- Earliest flight home: 10 days after surgery
- Recommended flight home: 14 days after surgery
- Time before showering: 14 days after surgery
- Recommended time off work: up to 6 weeks (depending on profession)
- Time before suture removal: 7 days
- Time before driving a car: 12 weeks
The path to osteoarthritis is reversible
Patients benefitting from the regeneration of their cartilage with autologous cartilage transplantation, can enjoy something that no generation before them was able to experience: enhanced agility, flexibility and overall knee performance.
Chondrosphere Technology developed by Codon AG. This approach successfully regenerates cartilage cells without the use of animal serum, synthetic or any other third party components. Only the patient's own blood serum is used for the procedure.